Get involved! See the events below.
Also see our Facebook page.
- Thursday, May 12, 9 a.m. - 1 p .m. Tazewell County Recycling Day, Tazewell County Fairgrounds. Bring electronic waste (no CRTs, no TVs), tires, and unwanted/expired drugs. If you bring tires you will need to unload them. No businesses. Coordinated by Upper Tennessee River Roundtable and Tazewell Soil and Water Conservation District. Funded by Tennessee Valley Authority and Tazewell County.
- Friday, May 13, 6 p.m. Sip 'n Paint and Silent Auction with Upper Tennessee River Roundtable at Mountainrose Vineyards in Wise. See flyer below. Limited space only for painting. You may participate in silent auction without painting. Come on out and support your local rivers!
- Tuesday, May 17, 2 p.m. UTRR Rain Barrel Workshop, Thompson Valley Community Center shelter. Coordinated by Upper Tennessee River Roundtable and Tazewell SWCD. Sign up with the district: 276-979-4190.
- Wednesday, May 18, 4 p.m., UTRR Rain Barrel Workshop, UVA Wise Oxbow Center, St. Paul. Coordinated by Upper Tennessee River Roundtable with the Oxbow Center. Registration is already full!
- Wednesday, May 25, 10 a.m. Tazewell SWCD Conservation Expo at Dunford Park in Tazewell. Upper Tennessee River Roundtable will demonstrate the Save Our Streams monitoring method and other activities are planned. This event is part of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load) grant to Upper Tennessee River Roundtable. A stream restoration project was completed at the park as part of this grant.
For more information call 276-628-1600